- B.B.A., Auburn University (1972)
- J.D., Jones School of Law (1975)
Associations & Community Involvement
- Baptist Health, Inc. (Chairman of the Board)
- UAB Healthcare Authority for Baptist Health (Chairman of the Board)
- Alabama Law Foundation
- Central Alabama Community Foundation Board
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers 2016 Montgomery Family Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Best Lawyers 2013 Montgomery Family Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Fellow of the Alabama Law Foundation
- AV Rated in Martindale-Hubbell (1988-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation and Family Law, 1996-present)
- Top Lawyers in Alabama (Commercial Litigation and Domestic Relations)
- Alabama Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition
- LegalForce Best Lawyer
- Princeton Premier Honors Edition Registry
- Princeton Premier Business Leaders and Professionals, Honors Edition
- Who's Who in American Law
- Continental Who's Who
- Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals
- Strathmore's Who's Who
- Legal News Top Attorneys in the Nation
John Henig has extensive experience in business and commercial litigation, including consumer fraud and class action litigation. John Henig's trial work has taken him to virtually every county in the state of Alabama. John has also done extensive work in the domestic relation and family law courts throughout the state of Alabama.
John is also very involved in community activities and serves as Chairman of the Baptist Health Care Board of Directors and chairman of the Healthcare Authority for Baptist Health, an affiliate of the UAB health system. John has served on the Board of Directors of the Montgomery Chapter of Habitat for Humanity, the Central Alabama Community Foundation, Jimmy Hitchcock selection committee for more than 20 years, and a board member of the Southeast Montgomery YMCA. John is the current President of the Montgomery Country Club.
John and his wife Diane have been married for 44 years and are the parents of two sons and a daughter. They are also the proud grandparents of eight.